Pages

Monday 1 June 2015

Alma's 1000 mile challenge


Alma is cycling 100 miles to Mallorca to raise funds for Hospice in the Weald.  She started on 29th May 2015.  This is her first diary entry:

When I first decided to do this ride it was just a personal challenge, and I thought it would be nice to do it for a good cause. However the need for hospices has been bought home to me in a big way.



Last weekend on the 25th May 2015 my husband and I celebrated our Silver wedding anniversary and we have remained friends with our witnesses, therefore we rang our friend to arrange meeting up for a meal, we knew that she had been unwell with the C word, however it was looking like everything was going to be ok. To our devastation our friend has spent the last five weeks in a hospice and has just returned home to spend the rest of her time with her family. 

I haven’t given her name as at this point she does not want so see anyone, I don't want it to feel that I am cashing in on her misfortune, and feel pretty helpless about the situation. I just wanted to tell people how important it is for me to raise as much as I can.



If you wish to support Alma, please follow this link:  https://www.justgiving.com/Alma-England

Alternatively follow her on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/alma1000milecycle?fref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment