Pages

Tuesday 15 July 2014

The Elephant in The Room

As some of you may have read in our previous post of Our School's Project, the first week started off with lots of excitement!  And the excitement was definitely high during the students last week with us.  Please find below how the students found the project.  You will also find the final photographs of the collaborative piece of artwork between the students and the patients based on Terry Kettering's poem, 'The Elephant in the Room'.



The Children’s Thoughts of the Hospice…..

’I have enjoyed working with Gaynor because she is nice and kind.’
Ellie W-T

‘Even though people have illnesses, it doesn’t stop them from doing  great  activities at the hospice.
Nikki is the patient I worked with and she was really fun and gave our table some great ideas.’
Daisy

‘I enjoyed working with Mrs Leonard because she is a good helper and has a lot of ideas.’
Kayla

‘I enjoyed working with Gayner because she is nice and funny.’
Chloe

‘We learnt there are some people’s diseases which can’t be cured.  The hospice makes people feel at home.’
Ethan



‘We learnt about somebody’s life.  Some diseases can’t be cured but the Hospice makes people feel at home.’
Jack

‘The people that I care about have died although now I know that they are still with me.’
Caitlin

‘My visit to the Hospice helped me feel better about death.  It also helped me and Lexie to have lots of fun.  My partner had a lot of great ideas.’
Rose

‘I enjoyed the arts and crafts and working with the patients.’
Lexie

‘It has made me feel so lucky because the of the way I am.  I feel sad for the people who have an illness that can’t be treated.’
Joey

‘I learnt that the Hospice is for poorly people.’
Thomas



‘How much there is to do here.  I made friends with Margaret and Josie.  I enjoyed drawing and painting.’
Millie W

‘I enjoyed working with Gaynor because she is always happy and cheerful and she is really good at drawing.’
Ella

‘I didn’t know that Art and music helped patients at the Hospice in the Weald.’
Sian

‘I loved meeting Carolyn and writing the songs.’
Ollie

‘I like working  with Hayley and writing the song.’
Eian



‘I enjoyed everything.’
Danny

‘I enjoyed everything here.’
Luke

‘I have learnt that the Hospice in the Weald is not like a hospital and is more like a retirement home.’
Leo

‘Some diseases can’t be cured.  the Hospice makes people feel happy before they die.’
Adam

‘I have enjoyed working with the patients.’
WY

1 comment:

  1. It appears the children really enjoyed this project and learnt a lot, I know the HDS patients really enjoyed working with them. Kerry Head of HDS

    ReplyDelete