Pages

Tuesday 24 June 2014

The Bird Man of Kent

Through one of our wonderful Hospice Day Service volunteers, we were contacted by Peter, The Bird Man of Kent!  Peter came with his birds of prey to pay a visit to our patients.  There were beautiful owls and scary looking eagles amongst many others.  Pat, a patient of the Day Service, was staying in the InPatient Unit for respite that week, she wrote the following to tell you what the visit meant to her.




‘Whilst I was on respite at the Hospice in the Weald, what a wonderful surprise it was when I was taken to see the birds of prey.

I had my photograph taken with a beautiful owl, which now sits on my bookshelf at home for all to see.



It was also a nice surprise for all who attended the Day Service that day and who, like me, enjoyed it very much.


I felt the birds gave me a welcome distraction, which took my mind off my illness.’


No comments:

Post a Comment