Pages

Wednesday 21 May 2014

The Weald's Biggest Bake Off

Hello,

I am Kerry Harrison, Head of Hospice Day Service (HDS). Every day in the Hospice Day Service I am amazed by the dynamics and atmosphere created in the room, by patients, carers, staff, volunteers, drivers and anyone else who may be visiting.

Today we have been supporting Hospice in the Wealds Biggest Bake Off by welcoming Cookies Kitchen to demonstrate cake decorating, Maxine and Claire from Cookies Kitchen were kind enough to donate the cakes, icing and equipment for our patients to have a go at decorating the cakes baked by our wonderful volunteer, Annie.



Linda “ I found decorating the cakes very therapeutic, I have never done it before, I made pink rosebuds and leaves.”


Sue “It is my introductory day in Hospice Day Service today and I was nervous about coming for the first time, but getting involved straight away with decorating the cakes was a great distraction and a new experience. I made sunflowers because they are my favourite flowers”


Jacquie “It was fun, my favourite colours are sky blue and pink, I made flowers from these colours”

Charles is 19 years old and comes to HDS weekly, he finds it difficult to communicate and use his hands but with the help of his carers he decorated his cake with a guitar



Sue made a look-a-like cake resembling Jeremy Clarkson because he is in her gallery of rogues she is currently creating!

And just look at the lovely cakes we all made!  A big thank you to Cookies Kitchen. http://www.cookieskitchen.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment