Pages

Tuesday 9 September 2014

A Volunteers Perspective

Agnes volunteers in the Hospice Day Service once a week.  She wanted to tell you all how she finds volunteering and why she does it.




I am privileged to be a volunteer in the Hospice Day Service.
 I can truthfully say that it is a most rewarding experience.   Yes, as an older person I get a bit tired but I love it.


When I joined the volunteer force just over a year ago I was, I suppose a bit like many new patients, very apprehensive but I needn’t have worried.   From the moment you enter the building you feel the extraordinary atmosphere of support and warmth from staff and fellow volunteers.  
 I think its fair to say that I get as much and more out of it than I put in, and I genuinely look forward to my day at Hospice in the Weald. 



If you would like to volunteer in any role at Hospice in the Weald please contact Julia Cronin in our Personnel Department on 01892 820529 or email volunteering@hospiceintheweald.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment